While most of us find the holiday season a relaxing time when friends and family come together, for some people the idea can been less than pleasant. If this sounds like you, here are a few tips to help you through.
- Don't feed your boredom with unhealthy non stop treats. Savour every mouthful mindfully.
- Dodge the dog fights. Stick to topics everyone can agree on. Cute baby, how's the golf swing, wow its hot!
- Practice kindness with estranged family or in-laws. Families can be complicated. How others see things is not necessarily the same way you do. Everyone wants ease.
- Don’t feel obliged to eat everything. Take a dainty bite say thank you and move on.
- Find some quiet time. Press the pause button and take some time for NO-THING. Disappear for a while - a solo walk, a nap, a meditation.